Steel Wolves
Steel Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steel Wolves

South Wales Based Airsoft Team

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old skool....but not belt kit?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Old skool....but not belt kit? Empty
PostSubject: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:58 am

Ok, if I want to go a bit old skool, but not belt kit as it doesn't cover my bad side properly any suggestions? Have looked at US woodland enhanced lbv, which would be the same era as you lot, thoughts?
Back to top Go down
castor

castor

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:23 pm

I have a British assault vest and a US woodland vest, shall I bring them up so you can have a look at them? both will cover your side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:11 pm

Why not mate, willing to try anything. Wink
Back to top Go down
castor

castor

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

I also have an enhanced LBV I can bring.
Back to top Go down
Druid

Druid

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:25 pm

There both comfy bit of kit (used them both my self) , plus if you wanted I could up-grade them for you by mod'ing pockets on the inside of the side panels to hold pieces of kip mat as extra protection .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Must admit do like the US woodland lbv. Have now found pictures of it used over MC!
Back to top Go down
castor

castor

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:50 pm

I'll bring it with me, I'll see what else I can dig out for you, lots of my kit is in US woodland.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Admin
Daz

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Just had a thought (and yes I was sat down), what about the old school DPM COP vest?

Basically it was a waistcoat with load of magazine pouches and water bottle lochs sewn to it (a bit like a range vest)

I have had a look for on but can't find one, however I have had an idea but it would involve the sewing skills of the tactical tailor.
purchase a DPM mk1 body armour cover as the base and sew ammo pouches to it, the genius part to this is that you could use lightweight matting as a filler - thus protecting the sensitive parts and injection sites
Back to top Go down
https://steelwolves.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 7:42 am

Me will have a look!
Back to top Go down
castor

castor

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 10:34 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 12:16 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Problem solved! Steve, the gentleman that he is kindly donated his US LBV to the home for retarded bears. It fits! 80's camo is alive ( so it's not DPM, a U.S. bear must be on secondment to her majesty's forces. Ya-boo sucks! And no mods needed to cover my sore bits! cheers
Back to top Go down
castor

castor

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Glad its gone to a good home Smile Sounds like our next game is going to be 80's retro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old skool....but not belt kit?   Old skool....but not belt kit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Old skool....but not belt kit?
Page 1 of 1