Steel Wolves
Steel Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steel Wolves

South Wales Based Airsoft Team

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playing with kydex !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Druid

Druid

Playing with kydex !  Empty
PostSubject: Playing with kydex !    Playing with kydex !  EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 12:44 am

Well , been having a play with kydex and have to say so far not disappointed !
I wanted to have a go so I thought start of simple and move on up is the idea .
Decided to try a knife sheath first (I bought a SOG seal pup last wk in a 1 day half price sale on heinnies , it came with a fairly large cordura sheath so a light waight one was needed) simple to work it just warm the kydex with a heat gun stick the knife in it place the whole lot in a press I made and leave to cool , I still need to fix it (dazmondo is kindly lending me a pop riveter) and trim to shape but it's prity much a done deal so once these tasks are complete it'll be a case of  Roberts your fathers brother ! cheers
So watch this space to see what's next ! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing with kydex !    Playing with kydex !  EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:41 am

Will watch this with expection and a bit of trepidation! Now have image of Druid half inching Mrs D,s hair dryer and her doing her nut when it comes back burnt out and covered in set kydex!
Back to top Go down
Druid

Druid

PostSubject: Re: Playing with kydex !    Playing with kydex !  EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:50 am

Ha ha ! No I've got a cheap ass heat gun for the job !
Find it works best if I fit the duck bill attachment to it , the heat seams a lot more controllable with it on the heat gun , only takes 20 seconds or so at 200 degrees to get the kydex nice and maliable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing with kydex !    Playing with kydex !  Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing with kydex !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steel Wolves :: Steel Wolves Team Members :: Technical Talk-
Jump to: